Mitsuwa’s Response to Coronavirus, COVID-19
From the beginning, we have voluntarily limited the number of customers in our stores so everyone, including our employees, can maintain safe social distance.
Masks are mandated to enter our stores
We ask our customers to wear a face covering while shopping in our stores. It is not “for you” or “for me.” It is “for us.”
To stay up to date, we monitor the latest industry news and trends with regard to safety measures. New information is promptly shared with everyone in our organization. Guidelines and protocols are updated regularly.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
Even before the Covid-19 pandemic, we prided ourselves on keeping our workplace clean. Now, we have definitely kicked it up another notch.
- We clean & disinfect baskets and carts after each use.
- At the food court (where applicable), we clean and disinfect tables and chairs after each use.
- Sanitary stations for our customers and employees are provided at the entrance of our building and several other locations throughout the store.
Should any of our staff test positive for Covid-19, we will conduct deep cleaning and sanitization provided by certified professional cleaners specializing in deep cleaning. Our cleaning procedures not only match the CDC’s guidelines but also meet our own, stricter guidelines. Any staff member who tests positive will start self-quarantine immediately and follow doctor’s guidance.
Everyone at Mitsuwa Marketplace knows we are in this together. Our entire team is committed to providing the safest environment possible for everyone involved.
- All employees must have their temperature checked before entering the workplace.
- If any symptoms are observed, the team member immediately starts self-quarantine for the appropriate amount of days suggested by the CDC guidelines.
- Signs and structural adjustments to the workplace help us maintain safe social distancing.
- We were quick to install sneeze guards at necessary locations.
- Facial coverings are provided to everyone.
- We limit the number of staff in the break room at any time to ensure safe social distance.
Thank you for your continuing support!
This year has been a challenge for all of us, but without you, we could not have turned these challenges into great challenges.